31st December 2018
1) Information That We Collect
We collect information directly from individuals and organisations. from third-parties and automatically through the WIKABO Platform.
2) Account and Profile Information
When you create an account and profile on the WIKABO Platform, we collect your name, contact information, and other information you provide. Your name, photo, and any other information that you choose to add to your public-facing profile will be available for viewing to users of the WIKABO Platform. Once you activate a profile, other users will be able to see in your profile certain information about your activity on the WIKABO Platform, such as the reviews, datas and questions and answers you post, your followers and who you follow, topics of interest to you, the information you list as credentials, and your edits to Your Content. For more information about your options for publicly displayed information, see the section below about Your Options.
3) Your Content:
We collect and store the information and content that you post to the WIKABO Platform, including your reviews, data inputted, questions, answers, photos, and comments. Unless you have posted certain content anonymously, Your Content, date and time stamps, and all associated comments are publicly viewable on the WIKABO Platform, along with your name. This also may be recorded by search engines and may be republished elsewhere on the Internet in accordance with our Terms of Usage. For more information about what you can change, see the below section on Your Option.
When you communicate with us (via email, phone, through the WIKABO Platform or other form of communication), we may maintain a record of your communication.
5) Automatically Collected Information About Your Activity.
6) Third Parties
We may receive information about you from third parties, such as other users, partners (including ad partners), or our affiliated companies. For example, other users may share or disclose information about you, such as when they mention you in their content, reply to Your Content, or share information about Your Content via other sites or services. Users of our Ad Services and other third-parties may share information with us such as a cookie ID, device ID, or demographic or interest data, and information about content viewed or actions taken on a third party website, online service or app. Users of our Ad Services may also be able to upload certain customer list information (e.g., email or phone number) to create customized audience segments for certain campaigns, so that they can reach audiences of existing customers and others with similar characteristics in the WIKABO Platform. See the WIKABO Ads section below for more information.
7) Integrated Service Provider and Linked Networks.
If you elect to connect your WIKABO account to another online service provider, such as a social networking service (“Integrated Service Provider”), you will be allowing us to pass to and receive from the Integrated Service Provider your log-in information and other user data. You may elect to sign in or sign up to the WIKABO Platform through a linked network like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google and so on (each a “Linked Network”). If you elect to sign up through a Linked Network, you will be asked to enable sharing of your contacts with WIKABO. If you agree to this sharing, in order to facilitate a more connected experience, we may send notices informing your contacts you have joined WIKABO so that you and your contacts can find and follow each other on the WIKABO Platform. The specific information we may collect varies by Integrated Service Provider, but the permissions page for each will describe the relevant information. Integrated Service Providers control how they use and share your information; you should consult their respective privacy policies for information about their practices.
8) Ad Services
The WIKABO Platform includes the WIKABO advertising services (“Ad Services”), which may collect user activity and browsing history within the WIKABO Platform and across third-party sites and online services, including those that include our ad pixels (“Pixels”), widgets, plug-ins, buttons, or related services. Our Ad Services collect browsing information – such as IP address and location, date and time stamp, user agent, WIKABO cookie ID (if applicable), URL, and time zone, and other information about user activities on the WIKABO Platform, as well as on third party sites and services that have embedded our Pixels, widgets, plug-ins, buttons, or related services. See the section below about our WIKABO Ads for more information about our Pixels and how they are used.
9) How We Use Your Information
We do not sell your personally identifying information – such as your name and contact information – to third parties to use for their own marketing purposes.
WIKABO uses the information we collect:
- To provide you the services we offer on the WIKABO Platform, communicate with you about your use of the WIKABO Platform, respond to your inquiries, provide troubleshooting, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you in the WIKABO Platform, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the WIKABO Platform.
- To display interest-based advertising to you in the WIKABO Platform, to improve our advertising and measurement systems so we can show you relevant ads, and to measure the effectiveness and reach of ads and services. For more information, see the Ad Services section below.
- For marketing and promotional purposes, such as to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you, including information about third party products and services.
- To track the success of our communications and marketing, and to gather metrics about the Ad Services.
- To better understand how users access and use the WIKABO Platform, including the Ad Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- To evaluate and improve the WIKABO Platform, including the Ad Services, and to develop new products and services.
- To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
10) How We Share Your Information:
We share information as set forth below, and where individuals have otherwise consented:
- Service Providers. We may share your information with third party service providers who use this information to perform services for us, such as payment processors, hosting providers, auditors, advisors, consultants, customer service and support providers, as well as those who assist us in providing the Ad Services.
- Business Transfers. We may disclose or transfer information, including personal data, as part of any merger, sale, and transfer of our assets, acquisition or restructuring of all or part of our business, bankruptcy, or similar event.
- Legally Required. We may disclose your information if we are required to do so by law.
- Protection of Rights. We may disclose information where we believe it necessary to respond to claims asserted against us or, comply with legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants), enforce or administer our agreements and terms, for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, and protect the rights, property or safety of WIKABO, its users, or others.
11) Adversitement Metrics
We may share with users of our Ad Services aggregate statistics, metrics and other reports about the performance of their ads or content in the WIKABO Platform such as the number of unique user views, demographics about the users who saw their ads or content, conversion rates, and date and time information. We do not share IP addresses or personal information. We may also allow our advertisers to use Pixels on the WIKABO Platform in order to collect information about the performance of their ads.
12) Anonymized and Aggregated Data
We may share aggregate or de-identified information with third parties for research, marketing, analytics and other purposes, provided such information does not identify a particular individual.
13) Cookies, Pixels and Tracking
- Cookies. These are small files with a unique identifier that are transferred to your browser through our websites. They allow us to remember users who are logged in, to understand how users navigate through and use the WIKABO Platform, and to display personalized content and targeted ads (including on third party sites and applications).
- Pixels, web beacons, clear GIFs. These are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that we use to track the online movements of users of the WIKABO Platform and the web pages of users of our Ad Services, and to personalize content. We also use these in our emails to let us know when they have been opened or forwarded, so we can gauge the effectiveness of our communications.
- Analytics Tools. We may use internal and third party analytics tools, including Google Analytics. The third party analytics companies we work with may combine the information collected with other information they have independently collected from other websites and/or other online products and services. Their collection and use of information is subject to their own privacy policies.
13) Incognito Mode
Please note we do not change system behavior within the WIKABO Platform in response to browser requests not to be tracked. You may, however, disable certain tracking by third-parties as discussed in the WIKABO Ads section below.
14) WIKABO Ads
We display personalized ads and content to you on the WIKABO Platform. To show users relevant ads and other personalized content, we may use information that we have collected via the WIKABO Platform, including from our Pixels, widgets, plug-ins, or buttons embedded on third party sites that collect information about a user’s activity on other sites. We also use this information to measure advertising effectiveness and to provide metrics about ad performance to advertising customers. For example, if you visit websites that sell cars, we may show you car related ads or content on the WIKABO Platform. We may report to the user of our Ad Services the number of WIKABO Platform users that saw a particular ad and certain aggregated demographic information about the viewers of the ad. See the WIKABO Pixel Privacy Terms for more information about our Ad Services and how our Pixels are used.
Users of our Ad Services may also provide us with information as part of their ad campaigns. For example, they may share customer list information (e.g., email or phone number for current and prospective customers) with us in order to create customized audiences for their ad campaigns. We only use this customer list information to facilitate the particular user’s campaign (including ad metrics and reporting to that user) or for fraud detection and security purposes. We do not disclose these customer lists to third parties (other than our services providers) unless required by law, and we do not disclose to the relevant Ad Services user the names or identities of their customers that were successfully reached as part of such campaigns.
While you cannot opt out of advertising on the WIKABO Platform, you may opt out of much interest-based advertising on third party sites and through third party ad networks (including Facebook Audience Network and Google AdSense). For more information, visit www.aboutads.info/choices. Opting out means that you will no longer receive personalized ads by third parties ad networks from which you have opted out, which is based on your browsing information across multiple sites and online services; if you delete cookies or change devices, your opt out may no longer be effective.
15) How We Protect Your Information
The security of your information is important to us. WIKABO has implemented safeguards to protect the information we collect. However, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal data safe, such as choosing strong password and keeping it private, as well as logging out of your user account, and closing your web browser when finished using the WIKABO Platform.
16) Access and Amend Your Information
You may update or correct your account information at any time by logging in to your account. You may also make a number of other adjustments to settings or the display of information about you as described in more detail in the following section about Your Choices.
17) Your Choices
You may, of course, decline to submit information through the WIKABO Platform, in which case we may not be able to provide certain services to you. You may also control the types of notifications and communications we send, limit the information shared within the WIKABO Platform about you, and otherwise amend certain privacy settings. Here is some further information about some of your choices:
- Anonymous Posts. You may post certain content anonymously, including questions and answers. In such event, your name is not displayed along with the content, and WIKABO does not associate such content with your user ID and other profile data. For information see how anonymity works on WIKABO.
- Your Content. You may edit or delete the answers that you post at any time. Any questions you have posted may remain on the WIKABO Platform and be edited by other users. Any deleted content will be removed from third party sites from which it has been shared via WIKABO’s sharing features; however we have no control over deletions or changes to Your Content if it has been shared manually by others. When you make edits to Your Content, other users will be able to see the history of those edits in your profile activity.
- Adult Content. In your profile’s privacy settings, you can elect whether to receive adult content.
18) Emails and Communications.
When you join the WIKABO Platform by signing up for an account or creating a profile, as part of the service, you will receive the WIKABO digest containing content that we believe may match your interests. As permitted by law, you are also opting to receive other emails from us that may be of interest to you as a user of the WIKABO Platform. You can manage your email and notice preferences in your account profile settings, under your Emails and Notifications settings, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative or legal notices from us. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you transactional e-mails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us. It may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests.
Additionally, by joining the WIKABO Platform, you are agreeing to receive feedback and communications from third-parties within the WIKABO Platform, including third parties who may comment on your postings within the WIKABO Platform. In your profile, under your Privacy Settings, you can adjust whether to allow people to comment on your answers and posts. You can also adjust permissions about who you allow to send you messages on the WIKABO Platform.
You can block the ability of another WIKABO user to follow you by selecting the setting for this in the other user’s profile. You can change whether or not you follow other users.
You can change topics that you follow or that your profile lists as areas that you know about.
22) Indexed Search
In your privacy settings, you can control whether your profile and name is indexed by search engines. Changes to privacy settings may only apply on a going-forward basis; for example, your name (e.g., answers and profile) that has already been indexed by search engines may remain indexed for a period of time even after you have turned off indexing, as implementing this change is outside of our control.
23) Deleted or Deactivated Account
If you choose Delete Your Account in your privacy settings, then all of Your Content will be removed from public visibility on the WIKABO Platform, and it may not be restored by us, even if you change your mind. If you choose Deactivate Your Account, then you will no longer receive any communications from us, and users will not be able to interact with you; however Your Content will remain on the WIKABO Platform. Once you deactivate your account, you can reactivate it any time by choosing to log in.
For information about targeted advertising choices, see the WIKABO Ads section above.
24) Linked Networks
You may connect or disconnect your Linked Networks, such as Facebook, through the Account Settings tab in your profile settings. Once you disconnect it, we will no longer receive information from that Linked Network going forward; we may still maintain the information we have already collected.
25) Transferring Your Data
WIKABO is headquartered in Republic of Singapore, and has operations, entities and service providers in the Singapore and may throughout the world. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your personal data to, or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it, including through appropriate written data processing terms and/or data transfer agreements.
26) Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 (or under the age of 14 for anyone living in Spain or South Korea) or knowingly allow such persons to register. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the relevant age without parental consent, we take steps to delete that information.
27) Links to Other Web Sites
28) Contact Us
WIKABO, Pte. Ltd.
16 Raffles Quay, #41-07
Hong Leong Building,